Policy for Prospective Athlete Try-outs
Athletes and Parents are required to register online before trying out for a 2018-19 Sport. Online registration should be completed here: https://lowell-mi.finalforms.com See the ParentPlaybook Lowell MI to start the process.
The annual required parent meeting is Thursday, August 9th, at 7:00 pm in the high school auditorium. This is a required meeting for parents of all students who will be involved in sports in the 2018-19 school year. Dr. Greg Dale, of Duke University, will be the keynote speaker.
Fall sport try-outs/practices begin August 6th (football and fall cheer) and all other fall sports begin on August 8th. Before tryouts begin, please make sure:
- a physical is on file in the Athletic Office dated April 15, 2018, or later
- the activity fee is paid as soon as tryouts are finished, or by the first day of practice if no tryouts (or let the Athletic Office know if you are on the lunch program or this is your 3rd sport and free)
- student-athlete will have passed 4 classes from previous trimester
- parent attends the athletic parent meeting on August 9th (or in the alternative watches the video/takes the quiz at redarrowathletics.com/online-parent-video)
- student-athlete is registered online (see above)